On Wednesday, Shiba Inu (SHIB) developers appeared on stage at the Blockchain Futurist Conference in Toronto to discuss the “End Game” for Shibarium – the meme token’s metaverse and NFT-oriented layer 2 blockchain.
The team said that the Shibarium mainnet has gone live, allowing developers to begin building apps on the blockchain.
- The ecosystem will include “Shibdentities,” a proof of personhood solution that lets users retain control of their data and privacy.
- Shibdentities can be used to create digital wills, which transfer assets to another user’s wallet after one person’s death is confirmed.
- “We are building a decentralized, autonomous, digital nation state,” said the team during its keynote presentation.
- Regarding the Shibarium metaverse, the ecosystem will feature “seamless transactions” and its “Shiboshi” NFTs.
- Shibarium will also use an “super app” called the ShibaHub – a common location for accessing a users’ favorite dapps.
- Like many layer 2 solutions, “Shibarium” aims to address the scaling issues and transaction costs that plague Ethereum’s base layer.
- Until now, details about Shibarium’s technical development have been largely a mystery.
- However, lead developer Shytoshi Kusama has provided many hints about what features it will include, such as real-world asset authentication.
- SHIB is currently the 13th largest crypto by market cap.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter CRYPTOPOTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.