Elon Musk is officially in charge of Twitter, and he has already made several big-time changes, including a monthly subscription.
The rumors on whether the billionaire will implement Dogecoin payments started emerging immediately, and he only strengthened them.
- It’s been less than a week since Musk’s acquisition of Twitter was completed after several months of speculation, drama, and lawsuits.
- The Tesla CEO previously vowed to improve the social media platform by eliminating bots and fake accounts, among other initiatives.
- After firing most execs, Musk announced on his Twitter account a monthly subscription that will allow blue-tick certification, which will be different from the current system of “lords and peasants.” The initial speculations suggested it will cost $20 monthly, but he said it will be $8.
- His idea now will work hand in hand with Twitter Blue – an already existing subscription for “more comfortable reading mode and editing tools” worth $5 per month.
- Given Musk’s previous hints that Dogecoin could be used for these types of payments, the crypto community was quick to ask him whether such an option will be coming soon. Staying true to his nature, his answer was more curious than informative.
- Although he is yet to confirm this, it’s worth noting that most other companies he runs have already accepted DOGE for payments. The latest to do so was The Boring Company.
- The relationship between the billionaire and the OG memecoin has been the predominant force behind the latter’s (recent) price increases. It more than doubled its USD valuation within a week, ever since Musk brought a sink in Twitter’s HQ.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.